Dan, who was initially going to Youngstown, Ohio for a fight had a last minute change
of plans that turned into Montreal and NYC. Insert picture of me drooling. I love to travel, he hates it. He asked if I wanted to go along. Yes! So, after Dan left for Montreal Tuesday morning (2/17) I got the kids situated at his sister Michelle's house and we met in New York Wednesday night. That evening we walked down to Times Square which was just south of our hotel. It's a mini Vegas...we felt right at home. Thursday and Friday we wandered the city and went to shows at night. Even with Dan's meetings and endless phone calls, and the bitterly bitter cold, we managed to pack a lot in. I flew back to reality Saturday morning and Dan on Sunday after the Sat night fight at Madison Square Garden (yes I left early, boxing's not really my thing). We had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back. Love, love, loved it!
Here we are in Times Square. You can see the New Years ball right above my head.
Outside the Russian Tea Room, the Rainbow Room and Radio City Music Hall, and Dan taking yet another call.
Ground Zero
We wandered through the financial district. Here I am on Wall St. Dan is standing in front of the Brooklyn Bridge.
View of the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park
Grand Central Station...Dan is standing underneath the clock...zoom in.