Here it is. Our Texas road trip adventure extravaganza. A totally unplanned trip that I wasn't entirely sure we were going to take, until we did.
I added it up...61 driving hours. 61.
We stayed at the The Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, TX-right between Dallas and Fort worth. This place is massive and impressive, with an enormous indoor atrium complete with a replica of the Alamo and the Riverwalk.
Thank goodness for portable DVD players!!!

It was more fun than they are making it look here.






We went to the Fort Worth Stockyards to watch the cattle drive and stumbled onto the set of an NBC pilot and stood in as extras.
Nervous for that stuntman who repeatedly ran through the cattle drive.
Sammy worked on his bubble blowing between takes.
We ate dinner at The Love Shack after watching the cattle drive/pilot.
Feeling like a real cowgirl with her pony and hat.
Sammy and his popgun.

Cutest little cowgirl ever.














This pony ride clinched it...she's a cowgirl now.

Dallas Zoo
We spent the day here with my college roommate (one of my favorite people ever) and her kids.
I (Dan stayed in Dallas to work) headed down to San Antonio with the kids to see Julia and family and Grandma! What should have been 9ish hours of driving there and back ended up taking 14 hours (6 down and 8 back)with traffic. I nearly lost it on the way back. Thank goodness the kids behaved, or I would have.
On our way to the Alamo we stumbled onto a St Patricks Day Parade (which explained some of the traffic).